Three BMG buildings have been evacuated shortly after 1:00 am, after a gas line was struck in the Yeshiva parking lot.
The situation turned urgent quickly after emergency personnel realized that the gas leak was just feet away from a generator that was in use.
Lakewood Police officers pulled the fire alarms in the three of the Yeshivas buildings, in order to wake up everyone and to evacuate them.
The emergency fire department command post has been set up at Clifton Avenue and 10th Street.
The gas company has been requested and was seen rushing to the scene.
This story is developing and will be updated. Check back later for updates.
UPDATE 3:27 AM: The fire department has terminated their command and the evacuation has been lifted.