The LRRC previously announced that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, any individual enrolled in Medicaid since March 2020 will have continued benefits until the end of the federal public health emergency (earliest January 2022).
If you are currently active on NJ FamilyCare due to the pandemic extension, please note the following:
- The federal public health emergency is still in effect. There is no update on when it will end.
- You will be notified before you are terminated from NJ FamilyCare. Look out for notices and requests for information in the mail. There is no reason to worry that your coverage will end without notice.
- You do not need to purchase private health insurance during Open Enrollment. When you receive notice that you are being terminated, you will have a Special Enrollment Period that will allow you to purchase private health insurance at that point, even after Open Enrollment ends.
- The LRRC can assist you with reviewing private health insurance options once you are notified that you are being terminated. There is no reason to explore private health insurance options until then since plans and rates are constantly changing.
- If you receive a renewal packet, do not ignore it. You must return all renewal packets by the due date.