Beginning Sunday, December 26, RWJ Barnabas hospitals and other facilities across the state of New Jersey which includes Lakewood’s MMCSC, will begin limiting visitors until further notice.
The hospital chain, which is one of the largest healthcare providers in the state announced the move today, citing safety concerns due recent surge of COVID cases.
The following notice was released by the hospital today:
The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority. Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting:
No visitors will be allowed beginning Sunday, December 26, 2021 until further notice.
Limited exceptions include:
- Pediatric units: Only ONE parent/guardian will be permitted
- Maternity and Labor & Delivery units: Only ONE significant other/support person is permitted
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units: TWO parents/support persons are permitted
- Pediatric psychiatric patients: Only ONE if/when a mutual agreement between the care team and the parents/guardian has been reached
- Patients with disabilities where the disability may be due to altered mental status, intellectual or cognitive disability, communication barriers or behavioral concerns: ONE designated support person is allowed to remain with the patient
See more here