Around October 2022, Bader Alzahrani, 22, a Saudi national living in the US on a student visa, left the university where he was enrolled and was reported missing. Yesterday he was criminally charged for transporting a stolen school bus on January 17th. The suspect said he was trying to reach the Saudi embassy in Washington, DC.
The school bus was stolen from a parking lot across the street from an unoccupied home in Livingston, NJ, where a break-in was reported on January 15th. After securing the residence, law enforcement saw several items presumably left behind by whoever had unlawfully been using the home, including a backpack.
Within the backpack, they found a Saudi Arabian passport with Alzahrani’s name and journals containing English and Arabic entries.
Arabic translators reviewed the Journals and translated the following excerpts from Arabic to English:
- “Why didn’t you slaughter the police officer who threw the Koran?”
- “This is a war, and there will be losses and collateral losses.”
- “It is a war, and y’all [sic] started, feel the rage.”
- “Destruction of the new world and the earth will be destroyed from all sides.”
- “God, I am ready for your orders. I want to live the rest of my life to serve you and the religion.”
- “Blood, blood, destruction, destruction. Allah.”
- “Jews control everything.”
- “[Profanity] each and every Jewish person.”
- “[Profanity] you privileged whitey.”
The Journals also included entries concerning “Jihad” and how Alzahrani did not intend to return to Saudi Arabia. Alzahrani faces a sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.
Leave a Reply